- House mascot: armadillo
- Scav Hunt champions: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012
- Enthusiastic intramural participation resulting in numerous championships
- Homecoming party held the first week of each new academic quarter
- Halloween party with a film projected on the residence hall
- Spring quarter Film Fest featuring student films made with House video camera
- Intense participatory democracy in their House Council capped off by tossing of the victorious House president into Botany Pond
- "Housing Meeting: The Musical" held each year to celebrate reaching the midway point of the academic year
Snell-Hitchcock is the smallest hall to have Resident Masters, allowing them to know most of our students by name. Residents have generated a number of wacky traditions, such as the SnoBQ to honor the first snow of the year. They are also privileged to have outstanding facilities, including the Green Room, a converted library with a 1928 Bechstein grand piano, that promotes gatherings of students.
Hitchcock Hall, located on the main quad, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It once housed Enrico Fermi. Currently, with 104 residents, they are among the largest Houses of all the College Houses. Each year, Hitchcock has approximately 50 first year residents and the remaining 55 slots are a mixture of second through fourth years. Because of the location, the availability of large single rooms, and the strong traditions, students love living in Hitchcock.
On the northwest corner of the main campus quadrangles, near the Regenstein Library, the Reynolds Club and Bartlett Dining Commons.
Total Hall Residents: 157
Hitchcock: singles, doubles, and two-room suites; average double is 12.5’ X 15’.
Snell: all singles (except for one two-room suite), about 9’ X 13’. Community baths on each floor or section.
- Large reading room with a baby grand piano and functional fireplace (Hitchcock)
- Television lounge and oak-paneled tearoom (Snell)
- These two communities share a common front desk in the Hitchcock entrance
- Shared basement in which there is a recreation room, computer lab, and a community kitchen for each House