The residence halls participate in the University single-stream recycling program. Look for designated bins in lounges, common areas, hallways, and/or trash rooms. If you cannot locate a recycling bin contact your Resident Head or Residence Hall Manager. Recycled items have to be clean (empty of food and if possible, rinsed) and include:

  • Aluminum food and beverage containers, including cans, foil, and pie tins
  • Glass food and beverage containers – brown, clear or green
  • Iron cans
  • Plastic containers – clear and pigmented
  • Newsprint
  • Corrugated cardboard (flattened)
  • Magazines and catalogs
  • Cereal boxes
  • Telephone books
  • Office paper (including envelopes with plastic windows)
  • Mail, including FedEx envelopes and envelopes with plastic windows

If you have other questions about recycling or other sustainability issues, please visit the the Office of Sustainability website.