Thank you for your interest in returning to on-campus housing next year. The annual room selection process, commonly referred to as "The Lottery," occurs during late spring quarter and allows returning students to select their rooms and roommates for the following academic year. Students living on-campus during the spring quarter are guaranteed a space in their current House for the next academic year.
The Lottery consists of four major processes:
- House - for students who wish to return to their current House
- Hall - for students who wish to change Houses within their current hall
- General - for students who wish to change halls
- Off-Campus - for current off-campus students who wish to return to on-campus housing
Current on-campus students may chose to participate in one, two or all three of the processes (In-House, Hall & General).
The dates listed below highlight the most important dates throughout the lottery, but is not all inclusive. A complete list of dates will be made available by March.
- Week of March 27: In-House Seniority List Available for Student Review & Verification
- Wednesday, April 5: In-House Lottery Numbers Posted
- Friday, April 7: Hall/General Lottery Numbers Posted
- Tuesday, May 2: In-House Lottery (time and location will be posted in each House)
- Thursday, May 4, 7 PM: Hall Lottery (Campus North Residential Commons, Classrooms 154 & 158)
- Wednesday, May 10, 7 PM: General Lottery (Campus North Residential Commons, Classrooms 154 & 158)
- Monday, May 22: Off-Campus Lottery
* New for the 2017-2018 Academic Year *
- Current resident students of Campus North Residential Commons may pull-in a maximum of one (1) student to an apartment or double-occupancy room who is not already living in the House. Pull-ins must be students living in other Houses, students studying abroad spring quarter or students on a leave of absence spring quarter. Students living off-campus are not eligible to be pulled into Campus North.
- International House will be the only hall open during winter and spring breaks.